Monday, March 3, 2014

Baby #2: 13 Weeks

Edited to add: written around 11/25/13

Between a wedding weekend, a conference for me and a trip to Iowa for Amelia's birthday party and Thanksgiving we have had a busy couple of days! We were able to tell a lot of family and friends about the new addition to our family, which has been really fun. We announced the pregnancy in a fun way at Amelia's party.  My mom made Amelia an adorable shirt announcing the change in her only child status and we had that gift be the last present she opened. Here is the shirt.


Symptoms:

My nausea seems to slowly get a better little by little. I'm still very dependent on the Zofran but I don't feel quite as bad and I'm not getting sick quite as often. Hooray for progress. I don't seem to be losing any more weight either which makes me feel a little better. I haven't actually gained any weight either but I know that will come. I don't think I officially gained weight until 16 weeks with Amelia so I'm not too far off from that.  My appetite is still wonky. I'm just not very hungry and I can't eat very much in one sitting without getting sick. Hopefully that will get better soon too. I did have one little fainting/black out incident this week that was really scary at the time because I was alone but I have since chalked up to blood pressure issues. Standing (like in a line) for long periods of time seems to really worsen the nausea and lightheadedness. Mental note...don't do that.

Even though I have been sick this is going so fast! I cannot wait to find out if Baby W #2 is a boy or girl!


Stats:

13 weeks
Down about 6 pounds still
Feeling better
Sleep is great, especially during the day while Amelia naps :)



No comments:

Post a Comment